From a release, the goings-on happening in Knoxville for community development week. Starting with, a breakfast! For elected types. smh
From the release:
• A Breakfast for Elected Officials at 9 a.m. Monday, April 1st, at Volunteer Ministry Center, 511 N. Broadway.
• A Recognition program of Five Points Redevelopment at 2 p.m. Monday, April 1st, at Paul Hogue Park, corner of Chestnut and Wilson streets. Knoxville’s Community Development Corporation (KCDC) is a partner for this event. A newly-constructed home will be available for touring and other CD accomplishments will be highlighted.
• Dedication of Samaritan Place Renovations and Eldercare Seminar at 10 a.m. Tuesday, April 2nd, at Catholic Charities, 3009 Lake Brook Blvd.
• Open House for newly-constructed homes at 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 3rd, in Lonsdale. Knox Housing Partnership is a partner for this event. Homes are located at 2110 and 2116 Ohio Street.
• Equity Awards Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Thursday, April 4th, at All Occasion Catering Facility, 922 N. Central Street.
• Community Development Fair with exhibits, information booths and games for children from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Friday, April, 5th, at Ashley Nicole Playground at Caswell Park, 620 Winona Street. This event is free and open to the public.
In addition, the Community Development staff will be participating in a clothing drive to benefit the Knox County Council PTA Clothing Center and helping with a project for Rebuilding Together Knoxville, a nonprofit organization that improves the homes and lives of low-income homeowners.